SBI Clerk Salary 2020: State Bank of India (SBI) is the large public sector bank which offers various post every year for the aspirants of bank exams students. SBI Clerk Recruit for the position and also official announce the notification has for more than 8000 vacancies.
SBI Clerk salary and growth opportunities offers more than other Public Sector Banks (PSB). SBI Clerk Salary is searched by every student so they can able to identify the potential growth.
SBI Clerk Salary 2020
SBI Clerk salary is combined package and pay scale is vary from metro cities to urban areas. Salary of SBI Clerk is totally depend on lifestyle of the cities, mostly in the cities of metro area drawn more salary than Urban candidates.
The payscale for the SBI Clerk Salary is INR Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540. The maximum basic salary will reach upto Rs 31, 450 as the experience of a person increases. The total emoluments in a metropolitan city will be around INR Rs 23,600/- per month inclusive of all the allowances at the current rate.
SBI Clerk Salary Components: Allowances & Deductions
The components (allowances & Deductions) of SBI Clerk Salary 2020 can be broken down as follows:
SBI Clerk Salary : Allowances
- Basic Pay – The Basic Pay depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted. If it is a Metro city, the Basic Pay will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the Basic Pay would be comparatively lower.
- Dearness Allowance (DA) – This component of SBI Clerk Salary is revised quarterly, i.e., 4 times a year, usually it is 4%-7% of Basic Pay and is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA increases when inflation is high and vice versa.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – The HRA depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted will be 35% to 40% of basic pay. If it is a Metro city, the HRA will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the HRA would be comparatively lower.
- Transport Allowance (TA) – The TA depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted i.e. 4% to 7% of Basic Pay . If it is a Metro city, the TA will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the TA would be comparatively lower.
- Special Allowance (SA) – The SA depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted i.e. 2% to 3% of Basic Pay. If it is a Metro city, the SA will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the SA would be comparatively lower.
- Special Pay- New – The Special Pay- New depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted i.e. 2% to 3% of Basic Pay. If it is a Metro city, the Special Pay- New will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the Special Pay- New would be comparatively lower.
SBI Clerk Salary: Deductions
- Contributory Pension Fund – The Contributory Pension Fund depends on the city where the SBI Clerk has been posted. If it is a Metro city, the Contributory Pension Fund will be higher. In the case of rural areas, the Contributory Pension Fund would be comparatively lower.
SBI Clerk Salary: Additional Benefits
- Telephone bills reimbursements
- Furniture Allowance
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Housing Finance at concessional rates
- Travel Allowances
- The Bank pays 100% cost for any medical treatment of an employee along with the family members
- Maternity or child education leave of 2 years for women clerks.
The SBI Clerk Salary with all these allowances, the starting salary per month in a metro city like Mumbai becomes approximately INR Rs 25,000 or more as per Pay-Scale of SBI Clerical Post.
SBI Clerk Salary: Perks
Apart from the SBI Clerk Salary, the SBI Junior Associates enjoys other sequential benefits such as:
- Financial security,
- Flexible working hours,
- Good work environment,
- Pension under New Pension Scheme (NPS),
- Medical insurance,
- Provident Fund, and more.
SBI Clerk Job Profile: Role Specification And Responsibilities
- Selected candidates start his/her career with SBI as a SBI Clerk Junior Associate he/she will be entitled to a 6 months probation period, in this period candidates know all about the basic SBI functions and duties, which has to be completed during the probation.
- The main responsibility to SBI Clerk Junior Associate will be to deal with the customer grievances.
- An SBI Junior Associate has to also look after the back end work of the office such as balance tallying, data entry, ledger maintenance, etc.
- An SBI Clerk Junior Associate will also need to market the financial services of the bank. It would include loans, the interest rate on deposits, etc.
- An SBI Clerk Junior Associate will be entitled to multi-tasking responsibilities which includes work on deposit counters for cash withdrawal, sometimes in the absence of cashier he/she need to work as a cashier as well.
- Also helping customers with drafting a cheque, demand draft, etc.
SBI Clerk Salary: Promotions And Growth Opportunities
As this is the Entry level job, once who joined can go for higher possibilities by completing the required education and experience.
- SBI is the only Public Sector Bank (PSB) offers immense growth opportunities with timely upgrades and allowances and growth programs that allow candidates to grow with system.
- In SBI, a Junior Associate can reach as high as General Manager. However, based on the posts, there will be certain eligibility criteria that they must meet like education, Professional Courses etc. In the department exams gives you more opportunities then regular exams.
SBI Clerk Salary 2020 – Job Postings & Transfer Policy
There are many confusions regarding the Job Postings and Transfer Policy, so here it is a doubt cleared with detailed information for SBI Clerk;
- SBI Clerk Junior Associates are not eligible for transfers outside the state for the first 5 years of service.
- And in case of Tura, Kashmir Valley, and Ladakh, it will 8 years for candidates selected in a special recruitment drive.
SBI Clerk Salary 2020 – Notification 2020
Please click here to download PDF file of SBI Clerk Notification 2020 – Download Now